Thursday, January 13, 2005

Going to Winona tomorrow morning!

So my winterim class is finally overwith as far as I'm concerned. I've had the paper done with since last week, except for the minor corrections that Sarah gave me. It was quite fun though. The first week, the prof didnt start any e-mail discussions, which is fine in a way, but made the beginning very very boring. the second sunday is when he started the discussions and that when it get very interesting very quickly. It all started sunday night when I made a response comparing Hitler to Bush. Now I didnt say that he WAS Hitler or that Bush will do anything remotely as evil, but i compared how they both used propoganda to instill fear into their general publics. Almost all governments do this. It's very common i think. Well, someone in the class, who is extremely conservative, did not like that I was saying anything remotely leftist, let alone attack the President. So we had several heated e-mails back and forth in which he attacked me quite harshly, and without any class i might add, and I responded with a well thought out, inteligent response every time. However, after several e-mails, I decided to just completly end the disscussion since it was going no where fast. he did succeed in pissing me off quite well though. Just ask phil and my mom about how I was acting.

So I was looking MSNBC yesterday and found out that there is going to be a "comet crashing" mission from NASA quite soon. The jist of it is this: they will launch two satellites and on the 4th of July one of them will get in the way of a comet and take pictures and transmit them until it gets destroyed. The other will take pictures and transmit them from a safe distance away and try to gather any possible remains of either the satellite or comet. Sounds kinda wasteful to me. I've always been a fan of NASA since I was like 2, but if they want to see two things collide and take pictures, they could pay me half of what the did on the sattelitte and give me two cars. I'll crash one into the other at a really high rate of speed. The only thing they'd need to assure me of is that I would not be hurt or killed. Thats all. Saves a crap load of money. Yeah, yeah, yeah, they want to see what's inside a comet because it'll show what was around at the beginning of the creation of the universe, which is cool and everything, but they should have not put a high res camera thats super expensive at the tip of a satellite that will be smashed. i could easily use the difference in the ammount of money saved to buy something cool if they just put a crappy car in its way instead. I know lots o people with those.

I need to really stop wathcing the calendar so much too. The next 24 days (the ones left till my 21st b-day) will take so long otherwise. Yes Emily, I know that you told me I'll survive, and I know I will, but I'm really good at making a big deal out of things and yeah, i got nothing else. But I am looking up a lot of things online that I could make with drinks that I can legally buy after Feb 5. some are looking good, others not so much. If you want to get really smashed really quickly try this-
Un-Holy water:
1 part Vodka
1 part Tequila
1 part Rum
1 part Gin
1 part Triple Sec
1 part Everclear
Directions: mix in a shaker and serve in a shot glass.

anothe recipe that sounds good, but not so potent:
Blue Watch:
3/4 oz. Captain Morgan's Original Spiced Rum
1/2 oz. Blue Curacao
4 oz Ginger Ale
Directions: Pour over rocks in an old fashioned glass. Stir lightly. (this one sounds good doesnt it?)

Oh yes, and so Matt can see this: I've actually been e-mailing Carrie recently. She has apparently changed a lot or was really lying to me about some things before we broke up. I'll assume that she's really changed. First off, so that Matt knows if I didnt tell him, she has a new boyfriend who goes to school at MSU believe it or not. First off, i thought I'd be the first one to get a significant other, and two, she told me that she hated everyone at MSU and everything about it. Well, aparently now that she's at WSU, she hates it there and now loves everything at MSU. *shrugs* oh well. Oh yes, and her brother is paying for her to get a tattoo as a 21st b-day present. seems odd to me. oh well. I find it funny and odd at the same time, especially since this is not the Carrie that I dated. makes me wonder what the heck happened?

Hey Matt, if what I wrote to you in that e-mail makes no sense, just ask me to explain. I realize now that it may have been confusing.

Heart Otto

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home