Monday, May 30, 2005

Take me out to the ballgame...

So Chicago this weekend was a total blast! See, i got off of work at noon since we were running out of things to do so I was able to get th gang rambled up an hour earlier so Matt, Sarah, Doug and I got into chicago at 9:50 pm. Really good considering we left at 5 and we didnt go much faster than 70 in Matt's little Geo Metro :).

So Saturday the group of us first got the Cubs tickets from my Uncle Jim. After hanging out there for a little bit, I made the executive decision that we were going to take the "L" to the Shedd Aquarium. Henceforth, I was called "The Captain." Before we went to the aquarium, we went to a pub/restaurant that was also very good called O'Malley's. There were a bunch of English folk downtown Chicago since there English National Soccer team was playing the USA at Soldier's Field and they were freaking awesome too. loud noise where ever they went! hehe. After dinner, we went bowling and i managed to get a pitcher of beer out of doug. I love you doug.

Sunday's game was totally awesome. I have 22 pics from the game of Wrigley field, and they turned out great. The Cubs won 11-6, so there wasnt really any pitching to be had at all. 40,322 people were there too. At the end of the game, my Uncle Jim was trying to convince me that we should've stayed in Chicago for another night so that we could go and experience the Chicago night life. Well...i love ya Uncle Jim, but we didnt like the idea of driving back today with all the horrible traffic.

Now that i'm back, I've started packing for when I can offically start moving into my house on friday. I can technically start on wednesday, but i'm not going to be able to move until friday after work. I'd be going to platteville that weekend to play in a wedding with my quartet on the 4th, so its good that i have a place to stay. I just wont be able to leave work early on friday since I'm working on a two man crew all this week and it's pretty damn hard to go from a three man to a two man crew with only two people to start with. anywho, i'm going to start getting ready for bed.

Heart Otto

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A CNote-

Otto, you have a penchant for remembering the minor details of life; I couldn't for the life of me remember the name of the pub or the number of people who attended the Cubs game (though I do remember it was the largest so far this year).

$10 says your job is better than mine. Have fun this weekend.

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're going to send out some of those pictures, right?

;)
Sarah

10:11 AM  
Blogger Michael Robinson said...

You should come to the party Kitrek and I are having on Sat. the 4th.....Nate is comming....we are at 970 Union St. Apt # 122...gimme or nate a call

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you too Otto!! Only probably in an entirely different manar.. which includes "the butt". Umm.. AHH!!! I agree with Sara send those pics! Otherwise, hope work is well with you, and don't kill your self out in the sun; you're sorta 1/2 albino or something.

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home