Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Some comments for some people to read and think about

So I've been lucky in the elementary, middle, and high schools that I have gone to. No, I never went to a brand new school, and all the equipment was poor and outdated, but the teachers were amazing. I went out briefly tonight and was talking to a few people that I don't usually get to talk to all that often, and during the course of conversation topics about life in general came up that reminded me of a quote from a high school teach whom I respect very much that I have. After some thought, I realized what I was thinking might apply to some of my friends and that they may want to read it.

"When you are 65 and looking back on your life, you will NOT remember fondly the new Abercrombie and Fitch t-shirt or the nice car you once owned. You will remember the places you visited and the dreams you pursued. That's what makes up a life." - Jeff Hyma

I thought about this for a little bit, and yes the obvious first came to mind. Be happy in whatever you do. More importantly, if you knew Mr. Hyma, you'd know that he was not talking about where money could take you because he never has had much money, but he has seen much of this continent and has many stories to tell. He traveled because he was having problems finding work and by moving around, he was able to find work. He once never talked about complaining that he was poor. He just went along for the ride because somehow he knew that everything would turn out ok in time.

So I say to my friends whom may not be enjoying what they have currently chosen to try as their profession, please do something that makes you happy (I've been thinking about if I truely want to become a professional musican anymore), but be mindful of the people around you too. Your actions have upset or possibly even hurt others, and I have had to act like the proverbial glue to let others know that you mean no harm. I want to talk to you about this, but I know of no other easy way to bring this topic up. If you think or know I am talking about you, contact me here, AIM, phone, or in person and I will gladly tell you.

Good night, and Good luck
-Otto III

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice.

Have you seen "Good Night, and Good Luck" yet? It's phenomenal. If not you definately should.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Otto said...

Glad to hear that. I've wanted to see it for a while, especially when it was in theatres, but I never got the chance. Has it come out on DVD yet?

10:37 AM  
Blogger Smiley said...

You're talking about me; I know. My decision to be a cheap whore didn't bother you so much last night!

(My apologies if I am offending someone by making light of a serious problem, but if you know me, you know I can never resist making the dirty comment.)

10:21 PM  
Blogger Smiley said...

*ducks Kris's fist*

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home