Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Another week, another dollar? I wish

It's been a fun, busy, and interesting week. I went home last friday for the evening and came back on saturday early afternoon to see Kris. It was quite funny to show up at the bar and see her quite intoxicated. She claims that she wasnt drunk, but I dont know if she's 100% sure about that ;).

I did decide to turn down both of my previous job offers though. Both, afterall, were for 6 months which required me to back up graduation. I didn't want to do that. I did get offered a position here in Platteville on the Pioneer Farm doing researh into stormwater runoff and what contaminates and particles are in it during peak flows. It could be interesting, but there is the chance that I won't have constant data to collect and analyze, so I may have to do some maintenace on the equipment as well as some "general" farm work. It isn't really the typicall farm work that I've become acoustomed to, but it would be close. I may have to maintain a fence, or look at some new or different ways they could run their operation. I'm sure that there are more duties that will come with the job. I am waiting to see if I get any other offers before I commit since there is the possibility that I may get offers in Dubuque, Platteville, and Rochester still. We shall see which one I choose.

The Symphonietta tour is comming up next week with stops in Madison and the LaCrosse area. I am not exactly thrilled at the 4:45 bus loading time on monday morning, nor am I thrilled with the way Benjamin is running some things, but this is why I am no longer an officer. There is no reasoning with that man, so I'm just going to do what I'm told to make the painful parts of the trip not suck so much. Trust me I will tell Benjamin how much of an idiot he is being with somethings. It would be foolish not to.

Good Night and Good Luck,
-Otto III

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home