Thursday, July 13, 2006

New car

No...sorry, I don't have a new car. My boss does, and he was constantly asking me questions about new cars when he was looking. I guess I aparently have the look of someone who knows cars. What's funny though, is that his car, a Ford Escape, takes SAE 5W-20 motor oil. I had never heard of it, so I decided to look it up online and see what the difference was to say 5W-30 oil. I was realy surprised to find this on severeal websites:

Should you use it in your vehicle?
The answer is simple:

You get about 1% better fuel economy, but you get 30% shorter engine life !
The above statement is based on real life experience and is comparison to SAE 5W-30 Motor Oil.

so....basically Ford wants people to believe that they are encouraging higher gas mileage, but really just want you to buy another car in a year or two after yours has been run into the ground due to crappy oil. cool!

Back to work for me now....hopefully I will actually post something soon.

-Otto

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Way to go Ford! Keep increasing our demand for oil! Yet one more reason to hate Ford. It's a game. The game is called: How to prey on stupid Americans who think the republicans aren't lying.

Yay capitalism!

Yep, gotta pick on 'em all if I am going to pick on 'em. I am an equal opportunity basher. I just say everyone is stupid.

Peace out

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home