Wednesday, August 23, 2006

1 week left of work

I realized today that I have only one week left of work and then I have my extended Labor Day weekend! It was a good feeling knowing that actually. As much as I love work, there are some days that I just don't want to be there. Of course, everyone feels that way about there job right? I'm just preaching to the choir. I was also surprised today to have a project 'taken away' from me today. I just happened to walk into one of my bosses office and give him my work authorization for the fall, when he asked me how this stream bank erosion project that I was given at the beginning of the summer and told to work on in my spare time. Well....long story short, I don't have a clue where to start working on this project, nor did I have enough spare time to get anywhere on it. I just put it to the side and told him today that I hadn't gotten anywhere on it yet and that I wasn't the best choice to work on it. He then said he'd give the project to someone else. whew.

In other news, Mike and his gf are going to be here on friday night to crash so they don't have to make a straight shot to Milwaukee that night. Can't say that I blame them, and it'll be nice to see them again.

I'm also heading to Rollingstone this weekend to go to my cousins wedding on saturday evening. I, of course, have a quartet gig earlier that day and will show up late. It's ok for me though. I've seen enough weddings to know what will happen. Besides, I know Steven won't care if I'm there for the wedding ceremony or reception as long as I make it to see him.

Finally...I didn't mean to scare anyone into thinking that I won't be playing the viola this semester. I was mostly just frustrated with how busy the semester will be, but knowing me I'll find a way to get through it no problem. Like I said: I will be trying to be in symphonietta, lessons, and a chamber group of some sort. I just need to let things work themselves out.

Good Night and Good Luck
-Otto

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home