Thursday, February 24, 2005

Jees Shep! You're so pushy!

Since Shep was complaining that I didnt post last night, I figured that I'd better do it now, before I forget and have him complain again tomorrow....hehe. sorry man, i couldnt help but pick on you.

Thank god it's thirsty thursday. I needed a few beers tonight since it's been such a long week. I've had four long days in a row, with another on the way tomorrow. I also had that huge hydrology test yesterday too. oh well. At least tomorrow's the start of the weekend. Tonight though, the ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers) meeting was pretty good. I personally enjoyed the free subs and pop. The speaker tonight was quite good too. I know you non-engineers really dont care, but he was talking about erosion protection using concrete. I thought it wa quite interesting. I'm planning on rading through the pamphlet that he had there since it might be beneficial as an environmental engineer someday.

Is it a bad thing that i dont want to go home when I go home on saturday? I know that it sounds wierd, and I apologize to those people that I've actually talked to about this, but i just dont want to. Everytime that I go home now i always feel this tension between alex and mom that I just hate. I know that they can't wait until alex starts school in the fall so that he can move out and make both of there lives easier, but they could at least not make life crappy when I visit. Besides that, I know my mom doesnt mean to do this, but she treats me as if i'm 15 again. I know its all out of habit beacause she needs to treat alex like that, and its just natural to keep treating her children like that. I, however, outgrew that stage in life a long time ago. I'm an adult and dont like to feel like a child again. I guess that jsut shows that I'm ready to be on my own completely. Finally, the reason that I dont want to go home on sat is, well, because I'm not going home to see alex and mom. I've got something else that i feel is important to do :).

Well, i need to get to bed everyone.

Heart Otto

1 Comments:

Blogger Smiley said...

You should sit your mom down and have a CALM conversation with her about how you feel. (I know, feelings and males don't go well together, but whatever.) She probably doesn't realize she's making you feel that way. If you tell her, I'll bet she'll make a conscious effort to change her behavior.

And, you should go here!
http://www.geocities.com/smiley_k17/caption.html

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home